Friday, October 5, 2007

when i penned my misfortune :)

I was going to meet one of my friends as she happened to be in the city. Even though my colleagues overheard me discussing the meeting point and time and speculated I was going on a date, I knew it wasn't. I was dressed as normal as one would. I had no expectations and it was pretty much BAU (business as usual). I decided to pickup a sub for lunch and at my place in office as I started to unwrap the sub, half of it just popped off the wrapping onto my trousers.
Now the green sauce (what the heck, could they not have put any other coloured sauce) had spoilt my trousers.. I am clumsy at times, but this time I hated myself most for it. after all, who wants to meet a girl with an ugly stain on the trousers. I kept my cool. took the tissue, cleaned up as much of the mess I could and went to the restroom to erase all remaining traces of the mishap :). It seemed to be alright.. and I proceded to eat the innocent half of the sub, worked my way through an hour. And now my eyes just checked the point of impact..to my horror, the stain had returned as the area dried... Now I had to meet her in an hour and half. This gave me little realistic chance of going home and changing... So I again tried to clear the stain with a wet handkerchief... cursing myself for going for the sub.. :(.
I fixed the next trouser inspection in half an hour, failing which would call for drastic measures.
one of those was to buy a new one on the way and fit into it.
after 15 minutes it was clear that the stain was not going anywhere! I decided I had to leave early and buy a new one.. I opened my desk drawer to put some papers in. Just then I got a glimpse of a black whiteboard pen. after a few seconds of contemplating, I was going with the plan. I carefully colored the stain with the pen... worst case I could still buy the trouser, I thought! It looked alright.. I went to the restroom and verfied that it did indeed look fine.
I could go on with my 'Date' without having to buy a new trouser. sometimes a bit of common sense pays .. this time it saved, about 40 bucks...

No comments: